Fairylanders' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!!

+6
Emily&Dreamer
Liz
Alice
April&Lucinda
Mercon
nicolle
10 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Empty Re: The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!!

Post  Liz Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 am

You make me laugh!! Laughing
Liz
Liz

http://apps.new.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1734938

Back to top Go down

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Empty Re: The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!!

Post  Alice Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Oh no... Liz, don't leave Sad I don't know if you will miss the Fairyland days, but I will miss you for sure. Crying or Very sad

Fairyland is a matter of luck, really... I don't hunt that often and don't do much stalking - but I managed to spot the first Ostrich for myself and for the garden owner!
Alice
Alice

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1734139

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:51 am

nicolle wrote:Lol. I believe in a personal Mike ( tongue ) and I KNOW he introduces new critters the minute he knows I'm relaxing because I just spotted the last one in the existing set!!

I also KNOW he had a "no parrot for Linda Klein" switch, which he kindly turned off when I set out my 13th parrot attracting tray of food.

So it's quite clear to me that the cats are for you Twisted Evil
Curses! The "cats" are caterpillers!!! tongue
The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Caterpillar
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolle Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 am

Oh I am sorry about the cats, Liz...who'd have thought caterpillars, but we sould have, the clue was in the name!

Anyway, I just got one of these fellows:

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Magpiespotted

I haunted Ronald's garden all day yesterday hoping to repeat my armadillo success there (and I have a bit of a thing going on with Platino-Strontium, of course) and then someone else got his first one while my back was turned, which is the thing about stalking and I wish I didn't do it really!

Liz, maybe the whole new set of critters will be an entire cat family cat
nicolle
nicolle

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am

Those Maggies are so cooool! Did you see Ronnie had a pair spotted?! Is that what you were stalking? Wow!! And don't stop stalking, Linda - you know we love it! I love you
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolle Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:40 pm

Okay!!! I got my pair, than immediately (well, 8 mins later, to be precise, and I married a mathemetician so I'd better be!) afterwards I spotted another pair, by pure chance!

Here are the first ones, which weren't a first for the garden. The second pair were. I love firsts!

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Pairofmagpiesspotted
nicolle
nicolle

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:26 pm

nicolle wrote:... I wish I didn't do it really!
oh yeah
Grrrrrrr!^_^
should've posted here but i went and made it all go confusing on me. i spotted an ostrich, but only sort of:/
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  akaliakoukou Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:02 am

Hi!!!
How are you?
I hadn't internet connection for 2 months, but now I am back!
I love the new wild life, and I spotted some new animals!
Here they are!
The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Armadi10

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Pair_o10

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Racoon10
Also, Kingfisher, oh I love this bird, spotted in my garden!!!

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Kingfi10
akaliakoukou
akaliakoukou

Back to top Go down

Post  akaliakoukou Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:15 pm

Nothing special in other gardens, but one magpie spotted in Persi's garden!!!!

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Magpie10
akaliakoukou
akaliakoukou

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercon Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:05 am

Welcome back, Despoina Very Happy
You have certainly spotted some wonderful critters since your return! Well done! cheers cheers
Mercon
Mercon

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1864681

Back to top Go down

Post  April&Lucinda Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Welcome back Despoina, and congrats on the wonderful critters you've been finding. Like a Star @ heaven

I just wanted to have a little rant over the water war I've just been in over a Kingfisher. Sad
I haven't spotted one of these birds yet, and there was a lovely fresh plate out in an ideal garden for one - a garden I regularly visit too.
I was stalking the garden for maybe two hours and a Kingfisher finally turned up after 4 hours and 25 minutes! There were three other fairies stalking as well - all at higher levels than me, and who'd already spotted 18 Kingfishers between them! Sad (In between waterings I took the time to check out the other fairies' profiles.)
Well, it went down to the wire, and I was just a second too slow in the end.

I wasn't sure whether I should have posted on the garden wall, saying that I was after my first Kingfisher. (I didn't.)
And then the successful fairy posted this:
"thank you very much for the lovely kingfisher...i wouldn't have watered except i saw [fairy name] after the critter and she never stands back for anyone...thank you for the gems....xxxx"
No

Do you think I should have asked politely for the other fairies to stand aside?
This is the first water war I've been in. I usually walk away if I see others seriously stalking a garden, 'cos I figure they must want the critter pretty badly.

/rant
Thank you for listening.
April&Lucinda
April&Lucinda

http://apps.new.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1733747

Back to top Go down

Post  akaliakoukou Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:20 pm

April&Lucinda wrote:Welcome back Despoina, and congrats on the wonderful critters you've been finding. Like a Star @ heaven

I just wanted to have a little rant over the water war I've just been in over a Kingfisher. Sad
I haven't spotted one of these birds yet, and there was a lovely fresh plate out in an ideal garden for one - a garden I regularly visit too.
I was stalking the garden for maybe two hours and a Kingfisher finally turned up after 4 hours and 25 minutes! There were three other fairies stalking as well - all at higher levels than me, and who'd already spotted 18 Kingfishers between them! Sad (In between waterings I took the time to check out the other fairies' profiles.)

I wasn't sure whether I should have posted on the garden wall, saying that I was after my first Kingfisher. (I didn't.)
And then the successful fairy posted this:
"thank you very much for the lovely kingfisher...i wouldn't have watered except i saw [fairy name] after the critter and she never stands back for anyone...thank you for the gems....xxxx"
No

Do you think I should have asked politely for the other fairies to stand aside?
This is the first water war I've been in. I usually walk away if I see others seriously stalking a garden, 'cos I figure they must want the critter pretty badly.

/rant
Thank you for listening.

Hi!!! Thank you all for your welcoming!!!
I am happy I am back!!!
Well, I have just the same problem, I try for my first parrot and kingfisher and other fairies are so fast, I can't water one plant!
And most of them have already the birds...
I am very disappointed with this...
Some times I asked politely to let me to water and they told me that is a game and the faster wins.
I think that these persons have a problem in their mind....
So, I remove all these popular gardens of my favorites, and I don't spend my gold, because I know that I water the plant very often, and when is time to come a critter (4 hours in first food or 19 hours for the rest) these fairies come, and I get angry because they have already the birds and they don't let me to water...
My english is poor but you understand what I mean.

So, I try to spot these critters in my friend's gardens, and if there is the same problem, I will ask them to turn their garden in private. I can't think something else about it!!!
akaliakoukou
akaliakoukou

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolle Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 am

Oh April, what a shame. I think you probably should have said something, personally. As you may know, I have been watering as my daughter, Henrietta, to boost her list of spotted wildlife, and on occasions I have mentioned that I'm after a first. Sometimes people are kind and sometimes they aren't. Some are downright greedy. However, the other night I was trying for her first kiwi and was up against someone with 49 (FORTY NINE!!) already. She let me go for it. It turned out to be a roadrunner, in fact, but that was fun too.

I hope your kingfisher turns up soon Smile
nicolle
nicolle

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 am

Wow guys, wildlife really is tricky. As you know , for the most part I have bowed out of the craziness. I only have tempters out for you lovelies otherwise I wouldn't bother at all. I guess from my perspective, if you guys stop watering my garden because you are concerned about battling some greedy hussy (except there aren't any greedy hussies watering my garden) then there would be the very real possibility that my garden might go crispy and then I would have to care more which wouldn't suit my current lifestyle at all. So I hereby approve you, my lovely favourites, to tell off whomever you please who might be annoying you in my garden, as long as it's not eachother of course, well not unless I'm referreeing at least. MWAH to you all xxxx I love you I love you I love you
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post  akaliakoukou Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:01 am

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!
The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Parrot11

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 6412The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 6412The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 6412

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 2414
akaliakoukou
akaliakoukou

Back to top Go down

Post  April&Lucinda Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:18 pm

Yay! A Parrot for Despoina! Very Happy Well done.

Thanks to you and nicolle and Liz for your comments about my post. flower
If I'm in that situation again, I think I will politely ask for them to stand aside, and see what happens. I've seen garden owners request that no one water their plants if they want to give a particular fairy a chance at a 'first critter'. And I don't think anyone should argue with that. But I was of two minds as to whether I had any right to say something on someone else's garden wall. Can't hurt, I guess, as long as I'm polite.

Liz, I'm so glad you've stuck around in Fairyland. I love you
April&Lucinda
April&Lucinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:52 am

Shucks
Liz
Liz

Back to top Go down

Post  akaliakoukou Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:12 am

I just spotted a pygmy mouse and I surprised as it was the first in this garden! Very Happy

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Pigmy_10
akaliakoukou
akaliakoukou

Back to top Go down

Post  April&Lucinda Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:07 pm

Hee hee ... Kingfishy ... I has him now. Mwa-hah-hah! Twisted Evil
April&Lucinda
April&Lucinda

Back to top Go down

Post  akaliakoukou Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:34 pm

The place where you can shout: "Hey! I just spotted a ......"!! - Page 7 Magpie11

I haven't spotted the kingfisher yet...
but I just spotted this sweet magpie!
akaliakoukou
akaliakoukou

Back to top Go down

Post  matteja Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:20 am

April&Lucinda wrote:

Oh, April, was that in my garden? I was hoping that you will get a kingfisher, because I checked fairy profiles and saw that you haven't spotted KF yet and you visit me often!

And I was really confused about this persons post ("thank you very much for the lovely kingfisher...i wouldn't have watered except i saw [fairy name] after the critter and she never stands back for anyone...thank you for the gems....xxxx") because I didn't know what she ment it so I translated it and still didn't understand what she was saying about you! that wasn't your lucky moment- only one second...
some fairy's are too competitive! and later I saw she spotted lots of parrots too before mine! Rolling Eyes
matteja
matteja

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1792489

Back to top Go down

Post  April&Lucinda Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi matteja! I love you

That fairy was talking about another fairy (not me) who was also stalking your garden at the same time. I'm guessing they knew each other and were racing each other to get the critter first, no matter who else was watering.

It's funny how you can spend weeks looking for a special critter, and then once you've found your first one it seems much easier. I found my second Kingfisher not long after my first. flower
April&Lucinda
April&Lucinda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7