Fairylanders' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

less than complete Gardeners Almanac

+4
Marmaduke
œ✿Zinnia
Laura
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac - Page 2 Empty Re: less than complete Gardeners Almanac

Post  Anne Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Here are some suggestions, feel free to use them - or ignore if you like! Smile I hope you don't mind me using red colour. It's not meant to be a teacher's pen but just a colour that will stand out. I tried brown first but it just didn't work.

*try alchemy?
Alchemy utilizes the Special Items (such as a Lost Sock) along with Fairy Dust and wands. They are mixed with a free liquid to produce either Gold, a bug or sometimes simply useless dust. There are 10 Gold and 5 Gold combinations as well as 3 and 2 Gold to be found^_^
[took something away here] You can turn frogs into Gold and worms into Diamonds. If you are feeling particularly lovely you may even simply choose to let them (Both of them or just the frogs? I've never had worms so I can't tell) go free^_^
Frogs return to visit after being in the wild to get fat on flies and will give you more gold than you would get from turning them in Alchemy, though you may have to wait a long time for them to return to you. When they return they visit your Fairy Profile.

Mike has changed the SuperPowers. You won't have them until you've got all your ten elixirs and I suppose the original low level SuperPowers have now become innate fairy abilities. My fairy doesn't have superpowers as she hasn't harvested her first bonsai yet but she can cast unlimited spells etc.

*freeze my garden?
This option can be found in the main garden navigation.
If you know that you'll be away from Fairyland for an extended period of time (for example, you're going away on holiday, will be busy with work, or just wish to take a break from Fairyland for a while), and don't wish to rely on others to look after your Garden in the meantime, you can "freeze time" in your Garden until your return! During this time, no plants will grow or die, and visiting Fairies won't be able to water any of them. When you return and "unfreeze time", your Garden will resume from exactly where it was when you left it.

You should only consider using this feature if you'll be away for a week or longer - if you're just away for a weekend, don't worry - you'll be surprised how many kind fairies will jump to the assistance of a garden in need!

Gardens automatically freeze if the owner does not log in for a week.

*buy a flower pot?
Click on the Icon for "Buy a new Flower Pot" in the main options of your garden, this will take you to the pot shoppe where a pot can be purchased in exchange for gold, at the beginning of play you will only be allowed to purchase either the Old Bottle or Old Bucket, though more will become available as your garden progresses through the levels.
the different pots are just there for reasons of prettiness and have no bearing on the growth of a plant (except on the Praecocia family available at level 14).

*buy a plant?
First you will need to make sure that you have an empty pot to plant in. Then click on it in your garden and the options to buy a seed or remove the pot will appear in the pop-up window. Upon selecting the option to buy a seed, you will be taken to the Seed Shoppe and be given an option of seeds to purchase for that pot.
At the beginning of play you will only be allowed to purchase either the Cumulus Albiflorus seed or the Bellis Lycaena seed, though more will become available as your garden progresses through the levels.

*change a flower/fruit?
Gold Dust can be used to either change a plants appearance or to give a gifts to other fairies.
Some flowers and fruits may be changed by way of sprinkling them with Gold Dust, first make certain that you have Gold Dust available to you or visit the "Buy More Fairy Dust" page by clicking the option in the Fairy Dust section on the left of the main page.
Each Gold Dust is purchased by way of exchanging 6 gold per Gold Dust, and can also be sprinkled on other Fairies to give them a 5 Gold boost^_^
Sprinkle this on a plant when it flowering or when it's in fruit to change it by clicking on the plant as if to water it and selecting the option in the pop-up window, not all plants can be changed in this way and will therefore not appear to have the option to do so.
You may only sprinkle Gold dust on Fairies that have a garden that is at a level equal to or lower than your own and you may only changed the state of your own plants.

I think there should be information here that some flowers are changed at flowering and some at the fruiting phase. The rule of thumb used to be that you can only gold dust the plant at the first possible phase that allows you to deduct the type of the fruit (meaning that if you can see what fruit you're going to get when the plant is blooming it's too late to gold dust it when it's ready for harvest). I'm not sure if Mike has changed this somehow, does anyone know?

*use diamond dust?
Diamond Dust can be used to speed up the green growth stage of a plant (before it flowers) or to give as gifts to other fairies.
First make certain that you have Diamond Dust available to you or visit the "Buy More Fairy Dust" page by clicking the option in the Fairy Dust section on the left of the main page.
Each Diamond Dust is purchased by way of exchanging 6 Diamonds per Diamond Dust.
On a plant: The Diamond dust sprinkle will halve the time to flower in the case of most flowers or minus one day from a Bonsai to be fully grown, the remaining flowering growth time will remain unaltered.
On a Fairy: The Diamond Dust sprinkle will gift the recipient with an extra 5 diamonds for their horde^_^

If you can shorten the sentences a bit, please do. Smile I think it would make the text easier to read. In most cases removing a comma here and there and adding a period in it's place will do the trick. All in all I think you're doing a good job. Thanks for putting so much time and effort in this forum, it wouldn't be the same without you!

(After looking at the preview I realised that the background colour will be pale blue instead of white -
so I'm trying out how brown will look like)
Anne
Anne

http://nurjapuola.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac - Page 2 Empty Re: less than complete Gardeners Almanac

Post  Marmaduke Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Anne wrote:[color=green]Here are some suggestions...
cool, thanks for doing that^_^
does that mean that turning a worm into a diamond and such are now innate abilities, i'm very fuzzy on that?
maybe that pot bit i could put:
Plants are not effected by the pots that they're planted in unless specifically stated in their care instructions^_^

the information about the rule for gold dusting plants should definitely be there but i canne think of the best way to put it, i'm not sure about which ones now do what and when, but i'm growing some to test on.
i think some can be gold dusted at both stages, bellis and the carmena aviflora.
thanks again all you points are well appreciated^_^
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Marmaduke wrote:Plants are not effected by the pots that they're planted in unless specifically stated in their care instructions^_^

I like that, it's much better than what I suggested.

About the low level SuperPowers I'm not sure... I've never had any worms in alchemy. I'll go and find out drats, I can't, I think I've had the ability to turn them into diamonds already but haven't been able to test it... I already found my 10 gold recipe some time ago and haven't been too eager to try new combinations other than occasionally.
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:10 pm

This is what they used to be:

Q. What are the super powers
A. Level One – 5 diamonds
The ability to cast unlimited spells and sprinkle unlimited fairy dust (providing you own the fairy dust)
Power to purchase Gold dust which costs 6 gold but gives the person sprinkled 5 gold

Level Two – 10 Diamonds
Currently no new superpower

Level Three – 15 Diamonds
The ability to cast spells on yourself
The ability to turn worms produced in alchemy into diamonds

Level Four – 20 Diamonds
The ability to turn frogs produced in alchemy into gold

Level Five – 25 Diamonds
Your
fairy garden become public and accessible to all the fairy community
not just yourself and friends. You are able to buy mini mushrooms when
you have the required about of diamonds

Over 30 Diamonds
The ability to buy diamond dust which costs 6 diamond but the person sprinkled receives 5 diamonds
Anne
Anne

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Anne wrote:This is what they used to be:...
that's it^_^
i haven't made a worm in ages i've been trying for a worm for a while now but the butterflies seem much easier.
Grrrrr! ^_^
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac - Page 2 Empty latenes of update

Post  Marmaduke Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:22 pm

just writing in to apologise to anyone that may be searching here looking for the very latest in all things planty/almanaccy is i've been kind of rather too busy elsewhere to keep up with these lately. i will be endeavoring to get around to getting up to date with these next week:/
being up to date in this instance means actually being a few weeks behind the latest developments anyway, thus keeping a sense of intrigue and wonder as we don't want to be too spoily for anyone... and such like^_^
err, yeah, sorry about that.
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2