Fairylanders' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement that Level 25 will remain highest for now

5 posters

Go down

Announcement that Level 25 will remain highest for now Empty Announcement that Level 25 will remain highest for now

Post  Nightrose Fri May 15, 2009 5:31 pm

There's been a lot of anguish about Mike's statement that he has no plans at present to introduce a new levelling up seed past level 25. Some of the older fairies feel let down by this and 'words were said' on one thread that made my hair curl - and frizz.

Can we really believe this is permanent? FL is a game in development and hasn't been around very long - the gardens are less than a year old. I suspect that developing the game so it keeps surprising and challenging us has been very taxing for Mike and he needs some time and space to sit back and ponder. As soon as he creates a new seed, people start DD'ing it - it's hard to stay one step ahead.

I think the cacti plants are a welcome addition to the breadth of the game. I'm surprised that we haven't got any trees (apart from the bonsai) but we do know that there will be more developments with greater choice of backgrounds (I hope so, the current one clashes with some of the plant colours). I think it's great the cacti are available from Level 3 - even with six pots, it is easy to whizz up the levels by following a planting plan. I have a notebook full of them! With hindsight, this goal-oriented attitude isn't really in the spirit of the game, and the added interest plants will bring depth.

I am still not sure why we all have two walls for messages - surely the fairy's wall could have another game on it? Maybe a pond with aquatic plants? or a wood with trees? or a wishing well?

Think it's far too soon to be talking of calling it a day.
Nightrose
Nightrose

Back to top Go down

Announcement that Level 25 will remain highest for now Empty Re: Announcement that Level 25 will remain highest for now

Post  April&Lucinda Fri May 15, 2009 9:48 pm

After reading this post I went looking for the 'announcement', but couldn't see anything on the news page.
I skimmed through most of that thread I think you're referring to, Nightrose, and read the posts from Mike. (I think much of that thread is total over-reaction. Shocked)

I'm glad to see he's not putting an upper limit on the number of levels (and never did, in fact). I like the idea of parallel levels such as the herbs and cacti. I think he's shown that he listens to feedback from the users of the app and does his best to accommodate our suggestions.

I'm willing to go along with whatever he comes up with next. I'm not into second-guessing the creator of this wonderful game. I'm going to keep having fun regardless! flower
April&Lucinda
April&Lucinda

http://apps.new.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1733747

Back to top Go down

Announcement that Level 25 will remain highest for now Empty Re: Announcement that Level 25 will remain highest for now

Post  Alice Sat May 16, 2009 4:41 pm

I can understand Mike - FL is not about the diamond dust race Suspect
It's much more important developing parallel levels, new critters, backgrounds - and these additions should be introduced to everyone, not just these "older" fairies who care only about new levels.
Anyway, I really don't understand how can they be offended confused It's bben said over and over, but I'll say it again - it's just a game!!! rendeer
Alice
Alice

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1734139

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolle Sat May 16, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm right with you April and Anastasia. Usually right with you in your gardens... tongue
nicolle
nicolle

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn Fri May 29, 2009 2:50 am

I heard rumours too! I used to have person X in my favourite garden-list and she has put an announcement in her garden (and on the boards), that she would delete her garden, because of the rumour. She thought that Mike was spending too much time in developping parallel levels and wildlife, instead of what really was important: getting new flowers. Her argument was that the whole application thingie was because of the amounts of square feet, one can save of the forests...
I think: 'True, but why not make yourself a new <goal> for example: having 3 flowers of each seed that's available...' You would be busy for a while =D

I really like the wildlife! I'm having a hard time getting it spotted in my garden (another bunny was missed *cries*), but I even have a harder time spotting it in other people their gardens! *sighs* But I still like it! ❤️❤️❤️
Dawn
Dawn

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1752116

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down