Fairylanders' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

less than complete Gardeners Almanac

+4
Marmaduke
œ✿Zinnia
Laura
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty Re: less than complete Gardeners Almanac

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:39 pm

But then again, I hope we get to see Mike around here.

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1809314

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty Re: less than complete Gardeners Almanac

Post  Laura Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:42 pm

I'd love for Mike to be a part of this forum. As helpful as all of the users are, input from the big guy is always appreciated.
Laura
Laura
Admin

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1751165

Back to top Go down

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 pm

We can have this topic deleted and start a new one...

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty Great Catalog

Post  œ✿Zinnia Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:50 pm

Got a couple of the Tulipa fruits if you'd like them for the Tulipa page.

Great work already, lots of fairies will appreciate these.
œ✿Zinnia
œ✿Zinnia

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1828183

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Marmaduke wrote:oh nuts, i should've posted here:(
err...
I've been moving posts around, sorry if it got confusing
Laura
Laura
Admin

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty yup, err, mmm

Post  Marmaduke Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:34 pm

as you may know, i've been compiling the planty thins and so far have done the flower, now i'm moving on to the herbs i've hit a bit of a quandary, err, that is, i've been listing them as "fruit" but what should i list the harvest-reading herbs as?
should i change the flowering "fruit" to "ready to harvest" to keep them in-line with everything or should i list them differently. i was thinking that, having them listed with blue when "in full bloom" and red when "ready for harvest" would be a safe bet, but i'm now not so sure..
err, help?

(woosh:)
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Why don't you try posting one and I'll let you know how it looks? Together we may be able to figure out how to make it clear for everyone.

Last edited by Laura on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laura
Laura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Laura wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:oh nuts, i should've posted here:(
err...
I've been moving posts around, sorry if it got confusing
you're being nothing but brilliant, i'm just having a hard time keeping up to speed.
loving the way you shifted them around, thanks a big bunch:)
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Laura wrote:Why don't you try posting...
i've done that, had a bit of bother but i did notice that they are called flowering herbs, so i suppose, they are ready to harvest when flowering as opposed to the flowers being ready to harvest after flowering, er, i'm confusing me:/
sorry
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:49 pm

You may be working on this, but the image for the full bloom is a picture of a newly planted pot.

I think it looks great other than that, however you may want to add "ready to harvest" by the final stage so that it is obvious to everyone.
Laura
Laura
Admin

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty messy + bottle

Post  Marmaduke Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:55 pm

yeah i've gone and lost my flowering nestflower:(
no problem though, that shouldn't take long to regain.
do you think that the wand or elixir should be included in the info too?
it looks a bit empty..
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:57 pm

It might be nice to include the wand and elixir
Laura
Laura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Yes, definitely.

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty the error of my me

Post  Marmaduke Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:18 pm

i've gone and gone sort of blind whilst charting this today so i would be very happy to hear from people stating any errors that may not be obvious to me.
missing pictures are obvious to me, your help is required and no doubt appreciated too ^_^
also if you could point me in the direction of any missing pictures that would save me a lot of searching hassles.
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:34 am

Marmaduke wrote:i've gone and gone sort of blind whilst charting this today so i would be very happy to hear from people stating any errors that may not be obvious to me.
missing pictures are obvious to me, your help is required and no doubt appreciated too ^_^
also if you could point me in the direction of any missing pictures that would save me a lot of searching hassles.
If you mean finding a picture, could you get one from the scrapbook? If you mean something else, my mushy brain has failed me.
Laura
Laura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:38 am

Laura wrote:... could you get one from the scrapbook? If you mean something else, my mushy brain has failed me.
i think we're having a mushy brain competition, that's exactly what i meant, i've got it on my desktop but it didn't even occur to me:/ Zinni has sent the herb thing, err, roseflower(nestflower? that sounds right:)
well, back to the mission...

Last edited by Marmaduke on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too early to think properly:/)
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty spoilers...

Post  Marmaduke Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:33 pm

anyone else think that maybe i should make the spoiler information the same colour as the background so it has to be highlighted to be seen, or would that be a bit tricky?
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:14 am

I like the idea, but I don't know if everybody knows how to highlight. They might but because I've met people who don't know how to copy and paste I can't be sure...

What if you added the wands to the almanac like you suggested and then created a list of wands and herbs on the last page? Just mark is at a spoiler so people don't read it by accident. That would be a fool proof way I think...
Anne
Anne

http://nurjapuola.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Winnifred Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:52 pm

The flower Almanac is Great! good Job ! Cool
...because I love to be able to see all the flowers again when I can't decide what to grow...and... just because, it's aswome!
Love it I love you Love it I love you Love it I love you
Winnifred
Winnifred

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheila Runtle Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:07 am

Question Can we change the colours of the Dragonfly with Gold dust
Sheila Runtle
Sheila Runtle

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 am

Sheila Runtle wrote:Question Can we change the colours of the Dragonfly with Gold dust
i'm pretty sure that i recall someone saying that they can, i'm not saying that they can, but i think it would make sense, err, sorry i can't be more definite here:/
i've just seen Amandas reply at the "dark place"^_^

Last edited by Marmaduke on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda & Tiger Lily Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:36 am

Sheila Runtle wrote:Question Can we change the colours of the Dragonfly with Gold dust

Yes you definately can, watch Portia cycle through all the colours on her first one that fruited!!!
Amanda & Tiger Lily
Amanda & Tiger Lily

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=21

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 am

Tiger Lily wrote:... Yes you definately can, watch Portia cycle through all the colours on her first one that fruited!!!
that's what i remembered^_^
i am i right in saying that all required plants that have variations can be dusted to change(so far)?
or maybe another way to put it is to say that only the fructus randomus can't be changed? i should add this info to the rest perhaps^_^
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

less than complete Gardeners Almanac Empty How do i...

Post  Marmaduke Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:32 pm

i'm currently putting some information together gathered from some of the most often asked questions.
as yet there are no pictures, but i've been having a real bad time with the words, i would like to receive some criticism on them and what doesn't make sense.
so far...
how do i... :
*reply to a message?
It may seem a simple thing but a lot of fairies reply to posts in fairyland by writing on their own walls, for a better correspondence, click on the name of the person that has posted and you will be taken to their fairy profile, where they are more likely to see your post^_^

*change my fairy name?
this option is available in the "Useful Links" section of the Fairy page, simply click "Change Fairy Name" and choose the name, don't forget to save^_^

*change my fairy picture?
Click the "Change Fairy Picture" option and either choose from one of the preset pictures or click the "Choose File" option if you have a picture on your computer, you will need to tick the box to certify that you have the right to use the image before it's saved. you can also choose the type of fairy here, the type of fairy you choose does not alter the gameplay in any way.

*make a wish?

*cast a spell?
Click on the wand for the appropriate spell that you wish to cast and the spell options will appear as scrolls, click on the image of the particular spell that you wish to cast and choose a friend to cast it on, a personal message can also be left to accompany the spell.
Spells are cast purely for the purpose of entertainment and intimacy, and can only be cast on friends

*try alchemy?
Alchemy utilizes the Special Items, such as a Lost Sock, along with Fairy Dust and wands they are mixed with a liquid (liquid is free) to produce either Gold, or a bug or sometimes simply useless dust:(
Providing your SuperPowers are sufficiently high, you will find it possibly to turn frogs into Gold and worms into Diamonds, if you are feeling particularly lovely you may even simply choose to let them go free^_^
Frogs return to visit after being in the wild to get fat on flies and will give you more gold than you would get from turning them in Alchemy, though you may have to wait a long time for them to return to you, when they return they visit your Fairy Profile.
there are 10 Gold and 5 Gold combinations as well as 3 and 2 Gold to be found^_^

*try herbalism?
After Growing and harvesting a Flowering Herb, you may use them in Herbalism to transform them into Elixirs, which will endow the fairy with additional SuperPowers upon the discovery of all ten Elixirs.
Flowering herbs will give 5 attempts at herbalism each, and Bonsai will give 20 attempts.
The Herb is mixed in combination with a Fairy Dust a Wand and a Liquid (liquid is free), the result depends on the accuracy of the chosen ingredients.
1 gold if one ingredient is correct
2 gold if two are correct
if all are correct, the Elixir will be produced.
Once the Elixir has been produced a note will appear on the herbalism page to signify that the corresponding Elixir for that herb has been discovered.

*share the application?
Click on the "Share" option in the Useful Links section, and type a friends name and optional message to send with the request that they add the application.

*visit fan page?
Another option that is in the Useful Links section, this will navigate you to the fan page, which has a large DB and many fairy pictures too.

*invite friends?
Inviting friends is another way to get your friends interest in the My Fairy application as well as being a super way to invite fairies that you wish to party with in your garden.
This options can be found either in the Useful Links section or under the garden navigation Icons, this option has the added bonus that it's possible for the recipient to visit you garden without the need to add the application first, although they will not be able to post or partake in the groovy fun they will be able to see how pretty it is^_^

*harvest a plant?
-

*freeze my garden?
This option can be found in the main garden navigation.
If you know that you'll be away from Fairyland for an extended period of time (for example, you're going away on holiday, will be busy with work, or just wish to take a break from Fairyland for a while), and don't wish to rely on others to look after your Garden in the meantime, you can "freeze time" in your Garden until your return! During this time, no plants will grow or die, and visiting Fairies won't be able to water any of them. When you return and "unfreeze time", your Garden will resume from exactly where it was when you left it.

You should only consider using this feature if you'll be away for a week or longer - if you're just away for a weekend, don't worry - you'll be surprised how many kind fairies will jump to the assistance of a garden in need!

*make my garden public?
First you will require 25 Diamonds or more, then an option should appear in your garden, just below the plants on the right hand side. Clicking this will open your garden to the general public and allow your plants to go onto the wilting list after four hours of wilting to be revived by those that may feel the need^_^
You may also try posting the URL to your garden on your fairy Profile as visitors can then visit via that^_^

*make my garden private?
If you wish to make your garden private again, this option can be found as the last option at the bottom of the window that opens on clicking the "Edit Garden Details" option.
you may wish to do this if you fell guilty for not being capable of returning several hundred pleading fairies or simply to have a private party^_^

*change my garden name?
This option can also be found in the "Edit Garden Details" option, along with the Garden Description and the Privacy selection.
Don't forget to save the details before leaving^_^

*change my garden picture?
First you will need to upload a picture to an album within the facebook photo albums on your facebook profile, the privacy setting for the album will need to be set to everyone if you wish it to be seen by fairies that you do not have as a friend within facebook.
Once this has been done, you may post it to your garden by way of clicking the "Edit Garden Picture" Icon in the main garden options.

*change my garden description?
This option can also be found in the "Edit Garden Details" option, along with the Garden Name and the Privacy selection.
Don't forget to save the details before leaving^_^

*buy a flower pot?
Click on the Icon for "Buy a new Flower Pot" in the main options of your garden, this will take you to the pot shoppe where a pot can be purchased in exchange for gold, at the beginning of play you will only be allowed to purchase either the Old Bottle or Old Bucket, though more will become available as your garden progresses through the levels.
the different pots are just there for reasons of prettiness and have no bearing on the growth of a plant.

*buy a plant?
First you will need to make sure that you have an empty pot to plant in, click on the empty pot in your garden and the options to buy a seed or remove the pot will appear in the pop-up window. Upon selecting the option to buy a seed, you will be taken to the Seed Shoppe and be given an option of seeds to purchase for that pot.
At the beginning of play you will only be allowed to purchase either the Cumulus Albiflorus seed or the Bellis Lycaena seed, though more will become available as your garden progresses through the levels.

*buy i garden game?
Click on the Icon to "Buy a new Garden Game" in the main options of your garden, this will take you to the game supplies store, where games can be purchased in exchange for diamonds.
2 Diamonds= 24 hours
5 Diamonds= 3 Days, and
10 Diamonds= 1 week
you may purchase a garden game if you have one already, but the new game will overwrite the previous one rather than be added to it, this can be useful if you have a week-long game which is due to run out in a few hours but you will not be in Fairyland when it happens, thus allowing you to start another game before leaving^_^

*find gold?

*find diamonds?

*change a flower/fruit?
Gold Dust can be used to either change a plants appearance or to give a gifts to other fairies.
Some flowers and fruits may be changed by way of sprinkling them with Gold Dust, first make certain that you have Gold Dust available to you or visit the "Buy More Fairy Dust" page by clicking the option in the Fairy Dust section on the left of the main page.
Each Gold Dust is purchased by way of exchanging 6 gold per Gold Dust, and can also be sprinkled on other Fairies to give them a 5 Gold boost^_^
Sprinkle this on a plant when it flowering or when it's in fruit to change it by clicking on the plant as if to water it and selecting the option in the pop-up window, not all plants can be changed in this way and will therefore not appear to have the option to do so.
You may only sprinkle Gold dust on Fairies that have a garden that is at a level equal to or lower than your own and you may only changed the state of your own plants.

*use gold dust?

*use diamond dust?
Diamond Dust can be used to Speed up the green growth stage of a plant (before it flowers) or to give as gifts to other fairies.
First make certain that you have Diamond Dust available to you or visit the "Buy More Fairy Dust" page by clicking the option in the Fairy Dust section on the left of the main page.
Each Diamond Dust is purchased by way of exchanging 6 Diamonds per Diamond Dust.
On a plant: The Diamond dust sprinkle will half the time to flower in the case of most flowers or minus one day from a Bonsai to be fully grown, the remaining flowering growth time will remain unaltered.
On a Fairy: The Diamond Dust sprinkle will gift the recipient with an extra 5 diamonds for their horde^_^

*change the visiting fairyland status?
This is found by clicking the "Preferences" option within the Useful Links section.

*block/unblock someone within the My Fairyland app
The options to block and unblock someone can be found on the fairy profile page underneath the picture of the person. Clicking the "Block" option and checking "Continue" will meant that neither of you will be able to view each others gardens or fairy profiles.
Unblocking in done in much the same way.
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:35 pm

i think i'd have them posted as locked topics so they can be found easily by anyone wishing to search for a particular how dos.
an example of a more complete "how do" is the how do i harvest a plant which has already been posted, although that too may need updating, err, sorry for the excessive ramble...
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next