Fairylanders' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diamond Dust

3 posters

Go down

Diamond Dust Empty Diamond Dust

Post  Sky Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:25 am

Hi

Can anyone help me, I know that when you sprinkle DD on your plant it halves the time until it flowers, but does this mean that the time until harvest is halved also. I've tried it before and my plant still took two weeks until it was ready for harvest!!!!

Thanks

PS I have searched the fairyland Discussion board for this information but that place was so messy!!!! And I thought if I posted the question I would get my wrists slapped for not checkeing all the other posts first to find my answer!!!
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Diamond Dust Empty DDing changing time to harvest

Post  Marmaduke Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 am

Sky wrote:Hi

Can anyone help me...
this is the sort of thing which will be integrated here at some point as it's something that does keep popping-up Smile

the short answer is no, it will only halve the time-to-flower, although that does mean less time (in total from seed to fruit) to harvest, the time that the plant actually spends being a flower (in it's flower phase) remains the same as if it were undusted.
here's an edited post that should explain things entirely, though it may not, sorry.
"All flowering times are approximate and all harvesting times are approximate - which generally means +/- 1 day. So a plant which flowers after approx 1 week and fruits after approx 2 weeks could (in the most unlucky scenario) flower after 6 days, then fruit after 15 days (meaning the flower-> fruit time is actually 9 days.) But equally likely is that it flowers after 8 days, and fruits after 13 (meaning the flower-> fruit time is actually only 5 days.)

Most likely however, is that your plants will randomly fall somewhere in the middle of these two extremes, (and these things always average out over time anyway). It would be a little boring if the times were so exact that you could set your watch by them!

if a given plant would (undusted) flower in 7 days and fruit in 14 (i.e. another 7 days after flowering), and you diamond dusted it about 4 times so it flowered within 24 hours, then it would take under 24 hours to flower, but still a further 7 days to fruit (whatever the original flower->fruit time is for that seed cannot be changed)

So with the herbs (dusted)...It will sprout fragrant leaves within 24 hours but take the remaining four days (even though it's posted as eight which represents undusted herbs) to harvest. Phew!"

thanks for writing, be assured the slapping is certainly not our way, flapping is as much as should be necessary ^_^
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Diamond Dust Empty Re: Diamond Dust

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:40 am

Sky wrote:Hi

Can anyone help me, I know that when you sprinkle DD on your plant it halves the time until it flowers, but does this mean that the time until harvest is halved also. I've tried it before and my plant still took two weeks until it was ready for harvest!!!!

Thanks

PS I have searched the fairyland Discussion board for this information but that place was so messy!!!! And I thought if I posted the question I would get my wrists slapped for not checkeing all the other posts first to find my answer!!!

Which plant did you have?

DD halves the time until it flowers, but not the time until harvest. So if you have a 2 week plant that takes a week until it flowers, DD will halve the time it flowers to 3 days. Add one week to that 3 days and you have one week and 3 days.
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1809314

Back to top Go down

Diamond Dust Empty At last some real answers yey!

Post  Sky Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Ah, Thanks guys.
It all makes perfect sense now!
I currently have some heavily dusted plants in my garden which have all flowered, I will now patiently wait for the estimated flower to harvest time!

Once again many thanks for your replies!!
Fairy Hugs x Very Happy
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Diamond Dust Empty Re: Diamond Dust

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down