The 'Other' Board

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  rockchic1 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:44 pm

wot have i missed???? this sounds like sumfin ive def missed!! ive been on the other boards ,maybe ive not bin on the right one,but whenever ive posted its been well friendly!!! but im luvin this forum.... lol if u noticed!!!fill me in girls!! Rolling Eyes
avatar
rockchic1

Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 42
Location : london uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Nightrose on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Wooooah! I can see what you mean now! If I'd created a piece of text art I think I'd be flattered if it became popular. A friend of mine made some really nice banners to use in a forum, and they got taken up quite fast and were even seen on blogs and an Italian language forum. She thought it a bit blatant but laughed it off. It's not practicable to police the internet!

Glad it was nothing I'd said Rolling Eyes
avatar
Nightrose

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-01-21
Location : Camberley, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:43 am

Amarantha wrote:
Anne wrote:Words can hurt, whether said face to face or on a discussion board. You don't need to feel stupid because of your feelings. I haven't seen you writing anything that could be interpreted as an attack and don't really know what has happened... I hope you don't feel too bad about it too long, what was said was probably just the opinion of an individual and not the common view. I'd be sad if I saw you leaving the other board for good. I love you

Thanks for your sweet words, but I dont think I can go back. I understand that some people is probably mixing their personal problems with Fairyland, but Im not there to look for arguments (I do have enough in real life). The only reason I go there is to help others, I might just go to the ones that need answers, without getting involved. I really did have enough.
Thanks again.

I never saw anything you posted that was bad/impolite/rude/ etc etc etc... No It's so hard to interpret things on the internet, and a lot of times people just take things badly... it's their problem, not yours.

I was there this morning and was a little appalled.
avatar
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja
Moderator

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Chewie's Cookie Garden

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1809314

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Hayley on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:05 am

Naughty Gingerbread Ninja wrote:
Amarantha wrote:
Anne wrote:Words can hurt, whether said face to face or on a discussion board. You don't need to feel stupid because of your feelings. I haven't seen you writing anything that could be interpreted as an attack and don't really know what has happened... I hope you don't feel too bad about it too long, what was said was probably just the opinion of an individual and not the common view. I'd be sad if I saw you leaving the other board for good. I love you

Thanks for your sweet words, but I dont think I can go back. I understand that some people is probably mixing their personal problems with Fairyland, but Im not there to look for arguments (I do have enough in real life). The only reason I go there is to help others, I might just go to the ones that need answers, without getting involved. I really did have enough.
Thanks again.

I never saw anything you posted that was bad/impolite/rude/ etc etc etc... No It's so hard to interpret things on the internet, and a lot of times people just take things badly... it's their problem, not yours.

I was there this morning and was a little appalled.

Speaking of bad/impolite/rude/ posts some people don't realise that the language barrier can be difficult for people to get across what they really want to say because they simply dont know how to put it in English, i am a admin of a turkish forum and have swedish, norweigian, turkish, russian etc etc and everyone puts the sentance together differently some don't mean to be rude at all x♥️
avatar
Hayley

Posts : 30
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 35
Location : ♥*~*♥Tinkerbells Paradise♥*~*♥ UK/Turkey ~ Surrey England

View user profile http://www.turkeyfans.biz

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:01 am

Hayley wrote:
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja wrote:

I never saw anything you posted that was bad/impolite/rude/ etc etc etc... No It's so hard to interpret things on the internet, and a lot of times people just take things badly... it's their problem, not yours.

I was there this morning and was a little appalled.

Speaking of bad/impolite/rude/ posts some people don't realise that the language barrier can be difficult for people to get across what they really want to say because they simply dont know how to put it in English, i am a admin of a turkish forum and have swedish, norweigian, turkish, russian etc etc and everyone puts the sentance together differently some don't mean to be rude at all x♥️

Thanks, Abbi. I do appreciate the support I love you

Hayley, what you say is absolutely right! My original language is not English and sometimes I do ask people if what I wrote could be unaproppiate, but not in this case because I knew that the rest of the people understood just what I meant. The same person that accused me wrote a few more messages later (that she deleted) to end up with something more or less "polite". I dont care, I felt I dont want her in my garden or the DB or anywhere else.
Thanks! flower
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:52 pm

*muttering* I still haven't gone back...
avatar
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja
Moderator

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Chewie's Cookie Garden

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1809314

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Indigo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:31 am

Naughty Gingerbread Ninja wrote:*muttering* I still haven't gone back...



Havent seen you there in ages, now that you mention it! there's been a couple of some really nice threads recently.....lets hope the tides are changing....xxx
avatar
Indigo

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  nicolle on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 pm

OK, I'm completely fed up with it now too. You can't voice an opinion without someone jumping at you, then ending it with "fairy hugs", as if to say "look how nice I'M being to YOU". I'm not going back. Evil or Very Mad
avatar
nicolle

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-01-25
Location : Southampton, England

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Marmaduke on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 pm

there's a lot of misdirection, and im' sure i've done my fair share, though i'm also sure that it's just because it's a part of something so large as to be unruly:/
err
avatar
Marmaduke
Moderator

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:21 am

I have to tell you something.
I couldn't stay away forever, besides, I got a lot of support from you and other fairies that came to my garden, so I went back to DB, this time mostly to help the newbies and people that needs answers. But something happened and is that I had the chance to talk to the same person from that post that made me feel so hurt, and this time we talked openly about what we felt and cleared everything.
I think there's something very right about misunderstanding easily things that are written, just because you cant "hear" the person saying it and you cant be sure what they meant. I learnt one thing and is not to take it so personally when I read something I dont like, and to give a chance to the person to express him/herself.
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Liz on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:37 am

Amarantha wrote:I have to tell you something.
I couldn't stay away forever, besides, I got a lot of support from you and other fairies that came to my garden, so I went back to DB, this time mostly to help the newbies and people that needs answers. But something happened and is that I had the chance to talk to the same person from that post that made me feel so hurt, and this time we talked openly about what we felt and cleared everything.
I think there's something very right about misunderstanding easily things that are written, just because you cant "hear" the person saying it and you cant be sure what they meant. I learnt one thing and is not to take it so personally when I read something I dont like, and to give a chance to the person to express him/herself.

That is so awesome! I'm very pleased for you, and for all of us really. You've done something that takes a lot of guts and I'm really proud of you <said in a non-condescending, supportive voice>. You've shown that even when bad things happen, we can overcome it by talking about it. You're awesome! cheers
avatar
Liz

Posts : 121
Join date : 2009-01-20
Location : Perth, Australia

View user profile http://apps.new.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1734938

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:10 am

Liz wrote:

That is so awesome! I'm very pleased for you, and for all of us really. You've done something that takes a lot of guts and I'm really proud of you <said in a non-condescending, supportive voice>. You've shown that even when bad things happen, we can overcome it by talking about it. You're awesome! cheers

Thanks! As I said, I wouldn't have done it without all your support, so thank you!
I love you
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Marmaduke on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:32 am

Yay, that's better... just a shame it can be so much hard work^_^
avatar
Marmaduke
Moderator

Posts : 286
Join date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Anne on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:46 am

I'm glad for you, Amarantha! flower
avatar
Anne

Posts : 75
Join date : 2009-01-20
Location : Somewhere under the aurora borealis

View user profile http://nurjapuola.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 am

Marmaduke wrote:Yay, that's better... just a shame it can be so much hard work^_^

You are absolutely right! Its such hard work to try to understand each other when it shouldnt really be like that.
How are you? Dont see you much lately. Sad
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Yay!! Cool I did see you around there and wondered for a bit before concluding that you'd returned! =D

I think I dropped by last night... can't remember when was the last time. I've been really really busy so I've been neglecting here. >.< Sorry guys!!!
avatar
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja
Moderator

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Chewie's Cookie Garden

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1809314

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Liz on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Naughty Gingerbread Ninja wrote:Yay!! Cool I did see you around there and wondered for a bit before concluding that you'd returned! =D

I think I dropped by last night... can't remember when was the last time. I've been really really busy so I've been neglecting here. >.< Sorry guys!!!

It's great to see you back! But don't you have an exam to study for?? bom
avatar
Liz

Posts : 121
Join date : 2009-01-20
Location : Perth, Australia

View user profile http://apps.new.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1734938

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  nicolle on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:49 pm

nicolle wrote:OK, I'm completely fed up with it now too. You can't voice an opinion without someone jumping at you, then ending it with "fairy hugs", as if to say "look how nice I'M being to YOU". I'm not going back. Evil or Very Mad

Ha! I went back, and immediately had to say something to a moaner. Wish I had not gone there now, but goodness me, why do people whinge on and on?? (Rhetorical question...no need to tell me)

cherry What does this little thing mean... looks like something you light the fuse on!
avatar
nicolle

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-01-25
Location : Southampton, England

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:54 am

nicolle wrote:
nicolle wrote:OK, I'm completely fed up with it now too. You can't voice an opinion without someone jumping at you, then ending it with "fairy hugs", as if to say "look how nice I'M being to YOU". I'm not going back. Evil or Very Mad

Ha! I went back, and immediately had to say something to a moaner. Wish I had not gone there now, but goodness me, why do people whinge on and on?? (Rhetorical question...no need to tell me)

cherry What does this little thing mean... looks like something you light the fuse on!

About the moaning... they sound like kids to me.
About this cherry , I dont know but is cute Razz
same this pig and this alien flower
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Alice on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Oh yes... the moaning - about everything! The spoilers, the "author rights", lack of gold, diamonds, pots, whatever. Sad to see people emptying their gardens just because they don't like wilting times. pale

I'm happy to know that I have a helping hand even if I can't make it in time to water the bonsai cat
avatar
Alice

Posts : 32
Join date : 2009-01-19

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1734139

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  nicolle on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 am

Alice wrote:Oh yes... the moaning - about everything! The spoilers, the "author rights", lack of gold, diamonds, pots, whatever. Sad to see people emptying their gardens just because they don't like wilting times. pale

I'm happy to know that I have a helping hand even if I can't make it in time to water the bonsai cat

I woke this morning to find I'd been sprinkled by someone with a "copyrighted" fancy signature. I've never seen that before!
avatar
nicolle

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-01-25
Location : Southampton, England

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm

nicolle wrote:

I woke this morning to find I'd been sprinkled by someone with a "copyrighted" fancy signature. I've never seen that before!

I thought you cant copyright them Suspect
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  nicolle on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Amarantha wrote:
nicolle wrote:

I woke this morning to find I'd been sprinkled by someone with a "copyrighted" fancy signature. I've never seen that before!

I thought you cant copyright them Suspect

No, of course you can't. That's why I put the word in inverted commas. It is such a nonsense.

I was just over on the other board again tonight because I lost my link to this one for a while (thank you Abby for giving it to me again) and the moaning goes on and on. Why do I look? People are positively aggressive for no good reason at all. Things don't go their way, or the way they think they should, and so they fire off without thinking. Would they speak to people face to face that way? Sorry...you might be forgiven for thinking I was moaning, but it's not about the game.

Here endeth the lesson. Bed for me!
avatar
nicolle

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-01-25
Location : Southampton, England

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:23 am

Good night! Like a Star @ heaven
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Naughty Gingerbread Ninja on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:08 am

So Lisa was you, Nicolle? I didn't know... hahaha....

I think people just like to copyright signatures... i have nothing against it because they see it as their own artwork. I do know one lady who has a copyrighted sig.
avatar
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja
Moderator

Posts : 148
Join date : 2009-01-19
Location : Chewie's Cookie Garden

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1809314

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum