The 'Other' Board

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  nicolle on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Naughty Gingerbread Ninja wrote:So Lisa was you, Nicolle? I didn't know... hahaha....

I think people just like to copyright signatures... i have nothing against it because they see it as their own artwork. I do know one lady who has a copyrighted sig.

I'm Linda, and my fairy is Nicolle. I decided to use her name here, no idea why...just to be confusing I suppose! Though I see others have done the same Very Happy

The signature/artwork thing on the other board got incredibly nasty. I'm not against people having credit for their work, but the use of the copyright icon seems a little OTT (to me, that is!).

affraid using that little thing just because I think it's wonderful!!
avatar
nicolle

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-01-25
Location : Southampton, England

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Amarantha on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:29 pm

nicolle wrote:
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja wrote:So Lisa was you, Nicolle? I didn't know... hahaha....

I think people just like to copyright signatures... i have nothing against it because they see it as their own artwork. I do know one lady who has a copyrighted sig.

I'm Linda, and my fairy is Nicolle. I decided to use her name here, no idea why...just to be confusing I suppose! Though I see others have done the same Very Happy

The signature/artwork thing on the other board got incredibly nasty. I'm not against people having credit for their work, but the use of the copyright icon seems a little OTT (to me, that is!).

affraid using that little thing just because I think it's wonderful!!

I actually think there's a lot of misunderstanding there, but I dont post any more.
Oh, I also signed here with my fairy's name and then kept wondering why I did that Razz I guess is natural, after all we use our fairie's names when we visit gardens.
avatar
Amarantha

Posts : 77
Join date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  nicolle on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:35 pm

Amarantha wrote:
nicolle wrote:
Naughty Gingerbread Ninja wrote:So Lisa was you, Nicolle? I didn't know... hahaha....

I think people just like to copyright signatures... i have nothing against it because they see it as their own artwork. I do know one lady who has a copyrighted sig.

I'm Linda, and my fairy is Nicolle. I decided to use her name here, no idea why...just to be confusing I suppose! Though I see others have done the same Very Happy

The signature/artwork thing on the other board got incredibly nasty. I'm not against people having credit for their work, but the use of the copyright icon seems a little OTT (to me, that is!).

affraid using that little thing just because I think it's wonderful!!

I actually think there's a lot of misunderstanding there, but I dont post any more.
Oh, I also signed here with my fairy's name and then kept wondering why I did that Razz I guess is natural, after all we use our fairie's names when we visit gardens.

Yes, you may be right about the misunderstanding...let's hope that is what it is. There is the predictable outcry about the new layout of Fairyland now, of course. Rolling Eyes
avatar
nicolle

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-01-25
Location : Southampton, England

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Habetrot on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 am

Wha is this other board I keep hearing about but I never see a link or name??!
avatar
Habetrot

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-02-24

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1938789

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Habetrot on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 am

Habetrot wrote:Wha is this other board I keep hearing about but I never see a link or name??!

Razz OK it's the discussion board on the fanpage? Duh me!

I to have been to many forums, it seems fairly tame on there. Notedly I haven't browsed and read tons though. I'll check it out!
avatar
Habetrot

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-02-24

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1938789

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Anne on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:57 am

We're still having our honeymoon here so everything is pink and rosy, that's why it's so tame. Wink And yes, the other board means DB. When this forum was opened in January there were only these two boards, that's when this thread was started... Now with Martin's Fairyland Times there's three boards I think.
avatar
Anne

Posts : 75
Join date : 2009-01-20
Location : Somewhere under the aurora borealis

View user profile http://nurjapuola.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  nicolle on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:45 am

It's getting rather grim over there again this morning.

Long may the honeymoon last here. I love you
avatar
nicolle

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-01-25
Location : Southampton, England

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Mercon on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:22 am

nicolle wrote:It's getting rather grim over there again this morning.

Long may the honeymoon last here. I love you

It is a bit scary at the moment. This forum has a greater chance of staying helpful and friendly though, as it has dedicated moderators who are involved in the discussions. The DB's on facebook are barely bothered with by the 'higher-ups', so a fair bit of nastiness can get out of control before it is dealt with.
avatar
Mercon

Posts : 145
Join date : 2009-02-14
Location : New Zealand

View user profile http://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1864681

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Other' Board

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum