Fairylanders' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

comments and stuff

5 posters

Go down

comments and stuff Empty comments and stuff

Post  Marmaduke Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:55 am

if you should feel the need to gas about how marmaduke should eat as much as he does or whatever it is you think needs to be said, i will be glad to try to read and understand your warbles, maybe even translate them to dog^_^
also, please do feel free to tell us your favourite flavour mice-cream, err, that's like ice-cream but with mice, not cream-of-mouse, err, hmmm, or any tips on the bestest way to snarf a hedgehog.
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

comments and stuff Empty Re: comments and stuff

Post  nicolle Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:02 pm

That's clever, having a link to this page on the other one.

Why are you so interested in what the plants look like dead? Don't they all look alike (thinks to self, that was a big mistake asking that question...I think I'm going to get a detailed description now of what they all look like dead...!!)? silent

I expect you have pictures too?? affraid

What does snarf mean?
nicolle
nicolle

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1840057

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:23 pm

nicolle wrote:That's clever, having a link to this page on the other one.

Why are you so interested in what the plants look like dead? Don't they all look alike (thinks to self, that was a big mistake asking that question...I think I'm going to get a detailed description now of what they all look like dead...!!)? silent

I expect you have pictures too?? affraid

What does snarf mean?
all good questions and maybe you have the right to be afraid, nevertheless this is some sort of effort at a reply...

here's the why
this is the second edit of the post re-edited from a previous post that was edited from a previously re-edited and posted post on my fairyprofile from the DB, in an attempt to once-and-for-all clear this mess up in a way that will try to be help and easy to understand, which has now made it's way here through various other edits:)*
some sort of explanation follows...
it started off a bit like flower pressing to have a visual record of all the flowers grown in 'fairyland'.

then came the collecting of various other different stages of growth and soon we* realised that the collecting of the pots would also be a consideration for all things 'planty'.

we saw that some plants and pots, when 'recorded', would be slightly different sizes so decided the ultra cleanest best way to record them would be to also collect the url for that plant.

then we discover that not only are there three types of pot (empty/with soil/with plant-stem) but also there is a forth type, because 'dead' plants actually replace the pots pictures too.

so it's probably safe for us to say now that more 'dead' pots will be asked for in the future department of this garden unless we are given the information, we will be searching for it and the surest way we can think of is to do them ourselves:) we are happy to hear other suggestions or hear from those that may know of where these may be.
perhaps gardens that have been abandoned.
we have still to acquire the cocnut and the bonsai too, though i gather some people may have done that already - but if they have, i haven't seen them.

(there was a lot of stuff about me reprivatising my garden here in order to increase my chances of 'success', but it went on a bit and i thought you'd probably have lost interest by now or would have, half way through reading it so i took it out again:)
the upshot is it doesn't work.

so in essence, we hope that makes it less complicated, sorry for the inconvenience.
(woosh:)
*marmaduke mainly(my scapegoat all things scapegoaty)
marmaduke has since gone chasing squirrels and badgers and rabbits and gone to rest-up for a bit over by fairymountain by the waterfall(so you know where he is, just incase.

additional , i should say that i have got a plan B and a back-out plan, so don't all go killing your plants so as to appease me with some sort of sick planty sacrifice:(
there are still 3 or 4 more routes we could take before we need go that far^_^
(woosh:)
*this is a copy of that post^_^
please note that i now have the lot and then some, yay to me^_^

here's a link at some of the mess that happened as a result of marmadukes wrongness:
https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6956662042&topic=12433
there are pictures, though i've left them as part of the thread rather than posting them here^_^

as i understand it "snarf" is akin to "quaff" but with solids instead of liquids^_^
sorry there was much much more text but i thought it best to keep it brief^_^
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  April&Lucinda Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:42 pm

I love how you write about your garden and your snails, and everything! Very Happy

I'd never seen what a dead plant looked like before, so I'm glad I got to see the result of your experiment. Well done!
Here's to more 'floral grievance' and all kinds of 'wrongness' (in a friendly fairy way, of course)! cheers
April&Lucinda
April&Lucinda

http://apps.new.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1733747

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:10 am

Marmaduke wrote:
as i understand it "snarf" is akin to "quaff" but with solids instead of liquids^_^
sorry there was much much more text but i thought it best to keep it brief^_^

Love all your posts Marm - never know where you might end up. FUN FACT: Apparently another word for the copious consumption of solids instead of liquids, according to my Mother who taught it to me when I was but a slip of a thing, is "squaff". I just Googled it and it seams she was telling fibs. In fact "squaff" means "To go drinking with friends. Derived from the word "quaff" which means to "to drink heartily", squaff means "Let's Quaff". " Which I rather like as well. drunken
Liz
Liz

http://apps.new.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1734938

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolle Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:47 am

Thank you for explaining. I followed your link and found the moaners...how surprising Rolling Eyes ..but I haven't come to any pictures yet...no time, work calls. Aaaargh.
nicolle
nicolle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercon Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:28 am

Now you, are an absolutely fabulous rambler! You tell wonderful stories but you also manage to deliver the information asked for in a rather fascinating, roundabout way Arrow
Quite an impressive talent! Cool

On to your garden: I see you're growing a batch of Luna Serenas, I'm looking forward to watching for badgers nibbling food from your table!

PS. I found a mouse in your garden today, cheers I was very excited 'cos I can never pick the winning snail in anybody's garden, mine always decide to stop and take a rest before reaching the finishing line!
Mercon
Mercon

https://apps.facebook.com/fbfairy/fairygarden.php?id=1864681

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmaduke Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Mercon wrote:Now you, are an absolutely fabulous rambler!..
thanks Embarassed ^_^
been busy here being slow and trying to track down them gnomes:/
(briefly stopping by)
Marmaduke
Marmaduke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercon Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:15 pm

So pleased to see Charm back from his adventures and Marmaduke with his rather more dignified and comfortable mode of transport (those gnomes can get a bit out of control) Cool

Oh dear, so Quark is in love with Charm? There could be issues within the ranks if that love is unreturned! Life is obviously never boring (albeit occasionally stressful) in marmadukes garden of floral grievance.

I look forward to reading more about the rather exciting life your garden dwellers lead Very Happy
Mercon
Mercon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercon Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 pm

I do like that Rainbow Duck! It would be so much nicer than the ordinary Mallards (and yes, even though the font is slightly different, I DID go and check your spotted critters list....just in case) Laughing
Mercon
Mercon

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolle Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Lol...just saw the Rainbow mallard!

If I'd been Mike, I'd have had a white, or maybe ginger, cat popping up during Hallowe'en, completely unexpectedly, and a Vampire bat, dripping blood. They'd have been worth 6 diamonds each and wouldn't have been on the wildlife list to start with!
nicolle
nicolle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down